This position is in the Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center (CSPCC), VA Office of Research and Development. The CSPCC is responsible for planning and conducting large Phase II/III, multi-site, controlled clinical trials. The Cooperative Studies Program is a national program that collaborates on research design, statistical analysis, data management and administrative coordination for clinical trials involving scientific areas of research relevant to the healthcare of all Veterans.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
Planning of assigned studies
- Serves as a statistical programming expert in the planning of multiple assigned studies, and works with the study planning and executive committees which include inter-agency and intra agency officials, and non-government scientists.
- Collaborates with the study biostatistician and the database management staff in the planning, design and review of the database management system for each assigned study.
- Assists the study team in the development, selection, and/or review of study data collection instruments to ensure all data needed for study endpoints is captured.
- Assists the biostatistician in the planning of statistical analyses and study data reports.
- Identifies and applies appropriate statistical analysis techniques and procedures for analyzing study data.
- Designs, writes, tests and runs SAS programs, and, where appropriate, uses other commercial statistical software packages to generate tables, listings and figures of study results for various types of study reports over the lifetime of each assigned study.
- Reviews output of statistical programs to check for completeness and accuracy of data and study results following CSP program validation requirements. Identifies data entry issues and collaborates with data management staff to help rectify these issues whenever possible.
- Documents procedures for each statistical programming assignment completed following CSP documentation requirements.
- Assists the biostatistician in the preparation of study interim and final reports, as well as preparing results for publication in scientific journals.
Work Schedule: Monday Through Friday - 8:00am est - 4:30pm est
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Statistician (Medicine)/PD08492-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. - Out-of-state travel is sometimes required for the purpose of attending study committee meetings and professional development.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613525000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.