This position serves as a Civil Engineer for USDA, Natural Resources Conservation Service State area, or field office. The position assists the area/zone or similar engineer with basic technical guidance in the overall planning, design, installation and maintenance of the engineering phase of soil and water conservation practices.Learn more about this agency
Direct Hire Authority: These positions are being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation.
- Lead the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, wetland creation or restoration, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Plan and conduct pre-bid site showings, approves, construction schedules, monitor works for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Direct and perform site investigation, feasibility studies, and field construction checks for conservation practice installations.
- Recommend changes in designs, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials, or to expedite construction.
- Coordinate and conduct necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area.
- Work within a team concept to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the products and/or services provided to internal and external customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613428800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.