THIS IS A TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T32), Position Description Number D1189000and is part of the AL 226 MEB, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 1103rd CBT SUST SPT BN, EUFAULA, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: SFC L. ONEAL
(1) Plans, organizes, and administers the military personnel program for the organization. Assists in the preparation for and executes command level inspections in the area of personnel and administration. Identifies trends and conducts analysis of subordinate feeder information, recurring required reports, findings of assistance visits and inspections, and develops recommendations.
(2) Implements the enlisted promotion system at the command level. Establishes suspense dates for subordinate organizations for the completion and submission of packets. Reviews packets prior to submission to higher headquarters for quality and completion.
3) Plans and coordinates health service support. Monitors the status of all physicals within the command and ensures appropriate scheduling and completion. Coordinates the completion of annual medical certification requirements and periodic vaccinations. Ensures the completion of and reviews line of duty investigations.
(4) Prepares and forwards required documentation or officer promotion packets for required state and federal board actions. Conducts individual records review with the affected officer and makes modifications in preparation for upcoming officer board actions.
(5) Provides advice and assistance to the commander and staff pertaining to military personnel administration. Interprets and implements Department of Defense, Department of the Army, Major Command, National Guard, and state regulations, policies and precedents pertaining to the full range of personnel actions. Researches and resolves the most difficult military personnel problems and questions, including those where guidance is only partially relevant or is incomplete.
(6) Provides guidance to subordinate unit personnel about benefits and entitlements, career and bonus programs, educational, retirement, and other benefits. Assists applicants and evaluates qualifications for officer appointment and provides administrative support in the preparation of appointment packets. Renders authoritative explanations of regulations, methods, procedures, and exceptions involved in individual cases. May provide assistance to soldiers and dependents concerning benefits and entitlements. Ensures military personnel records are kept current and accurate, and contain the proper supporting documentation.
(7) Reviews or assembles supporting documentation required at higher levels when processing actions such as involuntary order to active duty, courts martial, fraudulent enlistment, non-selection for retention, administrative discharges, etc.
(8) Monitors and reviews copies of unit reports furnished by higher level military personnel offices to identify trends and assist with the management of personnel readiness within the organization. Reviews and submits source documents for military personnel records and retirement accounting.
(9) Performs various administrative duties relating to military personnel involving the composition and distribution of correspondence, publications, reports, orders, etc. Serves as the file systems manager for the battalion. Identifies and maintains the publication requirements and accounts for the organization and subordinate elements. Functions as the mail control officer for the organization including postage accounts and duplication equipment records.
(10) Provides personnel specific information in developing plans for recruiting and retention within the command. Gathers and prepares information concerning personnel accessions, retention, attendance, and attrition.
(11) Prepares press releases, articles, announcements, or advertisements for submission to local news media designed to make the public aware of the National Guard and their role in the community and in national defense.
(12) May plan, organize and assign work to employees engaged in administration and personnel work assigned at the command level. Provides technical assistance and guidance to organizational personnel and administrative employees. Revises assignments or details employees to other duties as necessary to meet changing work situations, deadlines, or priorities.
(13) May coordinate with the Human Resources Office for actions affecting military leave, the reassignment of full-time personnel, etc.
(14) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613408600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.