This announcement will be used to fill two vacancies - one at Johnson Space Center and one at Marshall Space Flight Center.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Center Chief Information Officer (CIO) responsible for implementing and reinforcing the information technology (IT) and data management policies and procedures established by the Agency CIO and provides IT leadership in understanding customer and stakeholder requirements at the Center.
This position reports to the Agency Chief Information Officer (CIO). and serves as a member of the Agency CIO IT Leadership and is accountable to the Center Director for IT operations at the the Center. The Center Chief Information Officer:
- Coordinates and manages Center-wide IT requirements and architecture development and ensures the cybersecurity of Center systems to protect NASA data and to ensure compliance with Agency policies and directives.
- Provides strategic leadership for developing and fostering partnerships and alignment with Programs, Missions, and organizations at the Center to ensure requirements for IT and information systems are met. Fosters collaborative and constructive engagement between OCIO and Center customers.
-Strategically partners with the OCIO Agency level functional offices and Service Lines in developing strategies and services that ensure execution of the NASA mission and partners with the service lines to ensure effective service delivery at the Center
- Serves as a member of the Agency CIO Council/Board and is responsible for integrating, verifying, and communicating the Center's requirements, issues, and concerns on Agency-wide matters under Board consideration.
- Responsible for implementing, integrating, and sustaining Agency-wide projects and systems and ensures the delivery of Agency services in accordance with approved Program Plans, Service Level Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, and other controlling documents.
- Manages a broad spectrum of information systems and services to support Center programmatic, engineering, scientific, and administrative functions;
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the Center Director regarding IT and information planning, policy development, and implementation, and issues and ensures problem resolution in assigned areas of responsibility;
- As requested, represents the Center in assigned areas of responsibility to NASA Headquarters, Agency programs, and other Centers; local, state, Federal, and international government entities; and private industry, academia, the public, and the media;
- Ensures effective communications and implementation of relevant policies, decisions, and positions both externally and internally and that issues relating to, or impact the Center, its mission, and its capabilities are considered and acted upon;
- Exercises authority in organization planning, budgeting, workforce management, support systems, resources and technologies that produces benefit to OCIO and its customers;
- Serves and participates as a member of the Center executive leadership team (matrixed), providing advice and input to the Center Director and other center leadership, as well as leaders of peer mission support and programmatic organizations regarding operations of the Center, workforce impacts, development of Center strategies, future of work, investment/divestment opportunities, and other aspects; and
- Is responsible for ensuring that the Center's investments in IT are in alignment with the Agency's Information Resources Management Strategic Plan and that the Center complies with the NASA Capital Planning and Investment Control process in establishing the Center IT Investment Portfolio.
- Is also responsible for implementing effective cybersecurity across the Center in alignment with the NASA cybersecurity program and in partnership with Center and mission stakeholders in accordance with Federal and Agency guidance, including compliance with NASA Procedural Requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613380200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.