This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, SUPERVISION POLICY. As an Attorney Advisor (General), you will be engaged in increasingly complex legal issues regarding CFPBs regulatory and supervisory authorities regarding large bank or nonbank financial institutions and with minimal guidance.Learn more about this agency
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-60, broadly equivalent to the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, your duties will be adjusted accordingly. Attorneys at CFPB may be eligible for promotions subject to the Bureau's Attorney Hiring & Promotion Policy.
- Analyze law and policy issues applicable to large banks and nonbank financial institutions under the CFPB's jurisdiction and related to the CFPB's supervision program.
- Draft a variety of complex legal, policy, and other documents.
- Provide oral and written legal advice with respect to supervised institutions are operating in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and relating to the CFPB's supervision program.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the supervision of large banks and nonbank financial institutions, including review of examination reports that address whether supervised firms are operating in compliance with the law.
- Analyze the methods and levels of compliance, and determine how the state of such compliance affects consumers who do business with supervised institutions.
- Provide advice and counsel on issues related to consumer financial protection law, including areas such as consumer reporting, deposits, small-dollar short-term lending, consumer debt collection, remittances, student loan, auto, and mortgage origination and servicing, credit cards, and fair lending, etc.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
00 - Applicants will be selected at any one of the advertised grades based on experience and accomplishments. Candidates may be considered for promotion in accordance with Bureau policy, which does not guarantee advancement to the next grade level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613338900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.