This job opportunity is for an Production Controller (Fleet Management), position description T5801900, within the 177th FTR WG of the New Jersey National Guard. This vacancy announcement is a Title 5, Excepted Service position.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Vehicle Fleet Manager for host and subordinate units; ensuring the efficient and effective utilization and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
As an Production Controller (Fleet Management), GS-1152-9, you will:
- Serve as the program manager for the fleet custodial account, vehicle authorization and utilization programs.
- Determine, coordinate, and ensure effective fleet utilization; conducts and coordinates vehicle validations, establishes and maintains Mission Essential Levels (MEL), priority vehicle recall listings, and conducts vehicle rotations.
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate fleet support, status, and utilization issues with unit commanders, National Guard Bureau, and DoD enterprise wide fleet managers.
- Determine, coordinate and ensures timely development of weekly, monthly, and yearly operational and maintenance plans for assigned general and special purpose vehicles and a variety of equipment
- Collect, consolidate, performs analysis and reconciles variances to ensure data integrity within associated programs
- Maintain the General Services Administration (GSA) vehicle lease program supporting the unit mission; accounts for vehicles, arranges with contract vendors in the local area for maintenance, services and warranty work; notifies GSA Regional Fleet Manager of status and maintenance actions; provides program oversight, reports damage and ensures budgetary funds are programed and available.
- Coordinate all repair cycle asset matters; set up, inventory, reconciliation and management of supply points; turn in of serviceable and unserviceable assets, management of Due In From Maintenance (DIFM) assets
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613333800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.