This job opportunity is for an Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist, position description D088700, within the USPFO of the New Jersey National Guard. This vacancy announcement is a Title 32, Excepted Service position.Learn more about this agency
Its purpose is to plan, organize, direct, monitor, control and coordinate the logistical services support operations of the Storage and Distribution Branch, Property Management Branch, Material Management Branch and Transportation Branch.
As an Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist, GS-0346-12, you will:
- Administer, plan, organize, direct, monitor, control and coordinate the logistical support of the Supply and Services Division, to include supply and storage management, property management, material management, transportation, and logistical automation.
- .Review, analyze and issue directives and procedural instructions received from higher authority. Formulates or approves operating procedures necessary to support the USP&FO and the requirements of supported units and activities.
- Advise the USP&FO on installation logistics and transportation status.
- Coordinate supply and inventory management actions, location surveys, additions and deletions, transportation actions and documents, funding, and special purchases.
- Determine installation requirements for accomplishing the handling of unusual requests, receipt, storage and disposition of large shipments, large items, hazardous cargo, precious metals and hazardous waste disposal.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613333500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.