These positions are located with USDA Forest Service Pacific Northwest Region, Region 6 units. The purpose of these positions is wildland fire suppression/management/control as specialized firefighter with responsibility for the operation and maintenance of specialized tools or equipment.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties and location, please contact Brian Ebert at email@example.com.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-05 level.
- Serves as an experienced firefighter on a hand crew or other related fire suppression crews performing fire suppression and/or fuels management duties under the most adverse conditions of climate, fuels, and terrain.
- Performs the duties of a fully qualified chain saw operator and chainsaw repair technician.
- Is certified in the use of helicopter long lines. Performs all aspects of wildland and prescribed fire operations including preparation, ignition, monitoring, holding, and mop up.
- Collects fire weather data, fuel and/or soil moisture samples, maps projects, and maintains records. May on occasion serve as driver of a crew carrier.
- Gathers and considers information on weather data, topography, fuel types, and fire behavior in responding to wildland fire incidents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613331700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.