This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for an AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICER, Position Description Number D1640000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to serve as the Aircraft Maintenance Group Commander.
As an AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICER, GS-1601-14, you will perform the following duties:
1) Collaborates with the Wing Commander and other group commanders to plan, develop and implement numerous long term plans to include: the Wing Strategic Plan (mission, goals, values, objectives, etc.), the Base Master Plan (facilities), Communications/Computer Plan (infrastructure capabilities/upgrade), the Vehicle Replacement Plan, Four Year Deployment Plan, and Aircraft Modification Plan.
2) Through subordinate functional supervisors, directs and supervises staff and production functions affecting very complex high performance aircraft with a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated systems, controlling approximately two thirds of base dollars.
3) Plans, organizes, schedules, controls, and directs all unit aircraft maintenance resources to meet mission requirements. Directs programs to ensure mission accomplishment and the optimum use of resources.
4) Plans, schedules, controls and directs the use of all resources to assure timely, effective and complete support of mission requirements. Ensures all aircraft maintenance work meets the highest standards of airworthiness, and that attention is focused on the wartime tasking of the unit.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1640000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613329700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.