This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The primary purpose of the position is to supervise and manage program management staff, resources and activities for planning, program and project execution, monitoring and evaluation of major VA IT investments and initiatives.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 801 - Program Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Management - Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with critical agency priorities.
This announcement is non-bargaining.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Duty Station Location: Will work from home location
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Program Manager/ PD18576A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Employee may carry light items such as papers, books, and portable computer requirement. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position Major Duties:
- Lead and oversee budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Advise senior management regarding IT project planning, budgeting, acquisition, execution of projects and programs.
- Manage the development and maintenance of VA's operational, technical, infrastructure and application systems architectures.
- Provide oversight of provisioning of, computing, and software engineering services.
- Evaluate the performance of direct subordinates and provide counseling, advice, and instruction concerning both technical and administrative matters.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613312300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.