This position is located in the Deputy Commandant for Operations (DCO) at the USCG Headquarters in Washington D.C.Learn more about this agency
The USCG is announcing a challenging Senior Executive Service career opportunity to serve as the Director of International Affairs and Foreign Policy Advisor. The Director is the Commandant's, Vice Commandant's, Deputy Commandant for Operations', and Deputy for Operations and Capabilities' key policy advisor on the complete range of agency activities related to international affairs and international engagement. The Director is responsible for the following activities:
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing agency strategy, policies, and programs related to USCG international activities.
- Establishing agency-wide goals, objectives, and procedures for the USCG's international activities.
- Developing agency direction, strategy, guidance, and assistance for USCG international initiatives.
- Developing objectives, overseeing logistical arrangements and coordinating briefing materials for the Commandant's, Vice Commandant's, Deputy Commandant for Operations', and Deputy for Operations' and Capabilities international travel and meeting with foreign visitors.
- Serving as Coordinator of the USCG's International Affairs Executive Steering Group (IAESG) which develops recommended strategies, policies, and direction regarding the agency's international engagement.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613304700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.