This establishes an Open Continuous Announcement which will be utilized to maintain eligible/qualified applicants to be considered for current Financial Management Specialist position.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer. This position will serve as Financial Management Specialist with responsibility for performing a variety of duties required in the financial transactions control and utilization of funds for assigned programs or organizations.
The Financial Management Specialist performs the following major duties:
- Provides support and assists in the planning, review, and reporting of data/statistical results of program or project studies.
- Primary responsibility for the collection and tracking of specialized data organized and maintained to meet specific program or project requirements, specifically maintenance of Volunteer Readjustment Allowance funds, Volunteer personnel actions, and Personal Service Contractor (PSC) contracts, full range of payment invoices, disbursement documents, and other supporting and financial documentation.
- Conducts detailed examination of transactions and researches for required information.
- Plans and manages standard financial disbursement activities, such as billing, invoice review, check cancellation requests/credits, and disbursement of Government funds.
- Provides technical payments and financial guidance in answering a variety of customer inquiries; refers customers to supervisor or senior specialists to resolve complex problems.
- Develops knowledge, skills, and abilities by researching regulations and other pertinent directives for answers to questions prior to consulting with the supervisor or a higher-grade employee.
- Interprets and applies pertinent regulations and style manuals governing written communications in order to prepare written materials which communicate the intended information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613295200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.