This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA JSP/JOINT SERVICE PROVIDER (JP9P).
- Serves as a Senior IT Specialist and professional Cybersecurity technical adviser providing IT support for sensitive and complex programs, issues, and problems.
- Evaluates and develops a comprehensive understanding of mission and functional responsibilities in order to ensure success. Establishes, operates, and manages the JSP/JPP Information Assurance Audits and Inspection Program
- Manages and tracks Department of Defense Task Orders, Operations Orders, Warning Orders, and any other orders submitted by US Cyber Command (USCC) and/ or Joint Forces Headquarters (JFHQ) Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN).
- Develops security certification and accreditation plans and procedures, documents deficiencies, reports corrective actions, and recommends changes to improve the security of information systems.
- Applies principles, concepts, and methods of enterprise architecture security to align information technology (IT) strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613292300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.