This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (CG-6), C5I Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Radio Frequency Communications Branch (RFCB), Long Range Communications Section (LRC), Portsmouth, VALearn more about this agency
As a Telecommunications Specialist (CYBER), you will be planning, implementing, and operating network services/systems to include hardware and virtual environments.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Implementing new system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Integrating new systems into existing network architecture.
- Providing feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.
- Leading confidential advance information of management's position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relations matters.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other information.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613290100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.