WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION?
The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A COMPUTER ASSISTANT SCHEDULER DO? As a Computer Assistant Scheduler you will be responsible for preparing and monitoring short and long range machine allocations and schedules for a variety of multi-programming computer systems. In this role, you will be involved in the coordination, control, scheduling, and direct operational support for computer systems. You will devise solutions to conventional problems which are not usually covered by established procedures.
As a Computer Assistant Scheduler you will:
- Plan, schedule, and control the processing of tax data on major corporate and departmental computer systems.
- Analyze and evaluate requirements for computer processing by identifying work flow and sequence equipment and capacity requirements, and job interrelationships.
- Review system reports and logs to identify scheduling conflicts, processing problems, or job failures and determine corrective actions.
- Ensure correct restoration of data files and data bases at the proper restart point.
- Receive program additions and changes from programmers and various external sources.
- Evaluate system change requests to determine modifications to existing set-ups, schedules, run streams, and dependencies with other systems and programs.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613288200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.