Learn more about this agency
This Forest Inventory and Analysis position is located at the Ogden Forestry Sciences Laboratory in Ogden, Utah
The scientist develops methods to improve the quality and efficiency of inventory analysis and reporting products, to develop mapping tools and to support land management planning and monitoring needs by developing inventory applications.
For additional information about this position, please contact Program Manager, Michael Wilson at 801-726-9199 or Michael.email@example.com
- Research using modern data science principles for improved communication of inventory information, including combining statistical expertise with computer programming.
- Research into model-assisted (such as post-stratification, generalized regression estimators, lasso, etc.) and model-based estimation procedures (such as empirical best linear unbiased predictors
- Research in rapid assessment combined with small area or domain techniques to provide emergency resource assessments in the aftermath of environmental disturbances, such as fires, insect and disease outbreaks.
- Research enhancing statistical aspects of quality assurance for many aspects of this sample survey organization, ranging from data collection, to compilation, to analysis and reporting, to mapping and visualizations.
- Research involving a multitude of complex survey sampling issues (such as developing or dealing with multi-phase or multi-stage designs, or handling spatial/temporal autocorrelation, etc.) to enhance data collection.
25% or less - Post Pandemic-Some overnight and occasional travel 7-8 times per year FIA meetings and to other Forest Service offices and professional meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613250600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.