Located in the Major Events Division, Office of the Chief of Protocol, Office of the Secretary (S/CPR/ME). Serves as a Protocol Officer and reports to the Assistant Chief of Protocol for Major Events. Serves as an expert planner and organizer responsible for creating and executing the logistics platform upon which international summits/meetings unfold.Learn more about this agency
- Assists the Assistant Chief of Protocol for Major Events on all aspects of agency and interagency coordination for the domestic or international based summit or conference.
- The incumbent shall be part of a team responsible for the planning & execution of all Presidential, Vice-Presidential, & Secretary of State-hosted international summits, peace talks, ministerial level conferences, & related international meetings.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on the conference and event industry, the incumbent is also responsible and must be familiar with deployment of an agile cloud-based virtual and hybrid event platform for specified events.
- Responsible to ensure that appropriate CDC post-pandemic mitigation actions are formulated & implemented to promote healthy social distancing & related best practices to make world leaders & their delegations feel at ease & as welcomed as possible.
- Responsible for managing the development and coordination of all logistical aspects of a major multilateral event to include inter-agency coordination, contract management, detailed oversight of planning for event sites, hotel accommodations, etc.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613180900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.