These positions are located with USDA Forest Service Northern Region 1 units. The purpose of the position is wildland fire suppression/management/control as a specialized firefighter with responsibility for the operation and maintenance of specialized tools or equipment.Learn more about this agency
See Additional Information section for details
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-05 level.
- Serves as an experienced firefighter on a hand crew or other related fire suppression crews performing fire suppression and/or fuels management duties under the most adverse conditions of climate, fuels, and terrain.
- Performs all aspects of wildland and prescribed fire operations (e.g. preparation, ignition, monitoring, holding, and mop up).
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations.
- Performs the full range of standardized forestry support duties for fire, timber, silviculture, recreation, wilderness, or research activities.
- May perform project work such as road and trail maintenance, habitat manipulation, and miscellaneous equipment and facilities maintenance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights for fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613174900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.