This position is located in Infrastructure Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties within their assigned Service Line and Division. You will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist with duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support one or more of the following service lines: Core Systems, Business Systems, or Applications.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
Cyber Code 451 - System Administrator
Cyber Code 411 - Technical Support Specialist
Cyber Code: 421 - Database Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm Pacific Time Zone
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10072A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Provides front line or first responder support to Kernel/Infrastructure VistA Apps related customer service calls.
- Works with customers to test applications to assure software and systems quality and functionality.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems for Kernel/Infrastructure VistA applications, operating systems, proposals and equipment.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Provides IT technical support related to the implementation of policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613155800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.