The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is required to provide the technical credibility, insight, and innovation required to ensure the successful development, implementation, management, and maintenance of the information security systems, processes, and policies that are required to protect the expansive breadth of the Office of Personnel Management's enterprise systems and data and therefore has an impact on a national scale.Learn more about this agency
- Developing and communicating the overall information security strategy, goals and objectives with appropriate performance measures to support agency and department security requirements;
- Recommending courses of action and policies to senior management that allow for OPM to securely meet its organizational goals;
- Direct and indirect supervision of CISO staff and contractors, including senior technology security specialists and support staff;
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of Federal legislation, regulation, policies, and practices related to information systems security and methodologies and best practices that are commonly used in the information systems security industry;
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of the status of Federal Information Systems Security initiatives that offer opportunities for or pose requirements to be met by OPM and the review of IT architectures used at all OPM locations;.
- Managing the monitoring and recording of the performance of information systems security initiatives and regularly reporting its status to the Chief Information Officer, and other senior management;
- Chairing a senior executive agency-wide cybersecurity advisory board on Information Systems Security and Infrastructure Assurance to coordinate Information Systems Security Plans with related OPM activities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613150200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.