This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Integrated Operations Division (IOD) coordinates, collaborates, and executes CISA's operational activities to ensure seamless support and expedited response to critical needs. IOD enhances mission effectiveness and situational awareness by unifying the conduct and reporting of CISA operations through a single channel to provide CISA leadership with a common operational picture and ensure cross-divisional coordination in the implementation of CISA programs.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as a/an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC). Typical work assignments include:
- Evaluating support for critical infrastructure owners, operators and other industry
forums/working groups, within the area of responsibility.
- Building regional and local cybersecurity coalitions to promote information sharing
on best practices and lessons learned.
- Reviewing risk management programs by using evaluation results to create or enhance the effectiveness of the partner's information sharing to support efforts for safeguarding security postures and presents findings to leadership.
- Augmenting cybersecurity and resiliency assessments and providing risk
analysts with regional information that will support a more accurate estimation of elections cyber capabilities and cyber risk.
- Measuring the effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities.
You will be limited to selecting one (1) out of the fourteen (14) locations advertised for this announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 7-10 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613087600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.