United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs Federal Milk Market Administrator falls under the Excepted Service.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled in the MA 1146 Marketing Specialist series.
As the Marketing Specialist Lab Manager in this position, you will:
- Supervise and develop laboratory staff and ensure that specified lab performance metrics are met.
- Oversee the laboratory's analysis of raw milk for fat, protein, lactose, and solids by infrared and wet chemical techniques, and somatic cell count using direct microscopic counts.
- Interact with dairy industry and/or laboratory representatives to address industry testing needs or problems.
- Work with laboratory staff in other Federal Milk Order on common projects and issues.
- Oversee the proper operation of lab equipment and ensure that testing regimens and results are in compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines.
- Provide technical information and advice regarding milk testing topics and issues to other departments and staff of the California Federal Order. Analyze lab data and test results using spreadsheets and graphical analysis to produce reports.
- Keep apprised of industry milk testing topics so you can recommend and or adopt new testing methods and/or improve current processes as appropriate.
- Oversee the evaluation of cooperative and or private industry testing laboratories for proper operation and/or performance issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613049500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.