Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
The Senior Liaison Officer serves as the Security Operations, Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) principal liaison, advising the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) officials on TSA budget planning, formulation and execution activities as it relates to cybersecurity. In this position you will ensure that TSA and the CISA both have continual situational awareness of current financial and budgetary plans, programs, and strategies impacting cybersecurity. As needed, you will forward or produce written and oral all-source products between the CISA and TSA which can be used to drive operations and mitigate risk. You will participate in meetings/working groups that bring together key players from across the policy, planning, strategy, and homeland security communities to ensure TSA partners and customers have the most up-to-date information available to complete their mission. This position advocates and defends TSA equities with the Department, ensuring a “win-win” scenario for all parties involved.
High level duties include:
- Overseeing information sharing, policies, plans, programs, strategies, initiatives, efforts, and activities that promote cybersecurity and coordinates with CISA partners to develop a seamless, integrated capability.
- Coordinating with CISA on program/project resources, allocation plans, workforce development plans, budget forecasts, initiatives, and policies that impact TSA equities.
- Coordinating with CISA to incorporate TSA input on post incident reviews of major cybersecurity attacks involving transportation sector assets.
- Overseeing and/or participating in all critical infrastructure protection activity between TSA and CISA, with a focus on surface, information technology, and cyber related initiatives.
- Supervising a team of personnel dedicated to cyber security infrastructure protection efforts.
- Overseeing the Aviation Cyber Initiative (ACI) and associated work with Idaho National Labs.
- Overseeing the Trusted Agents under the Framework for Improved Cyber Information Sharing and Interagency Coordination.
- Supporting ACI’s work as the DHS ACI lead.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613039400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.