This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Review service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
- Gather feedback on customer satisfaction and internal service performance to foster continual improvement
- Monitors and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
- Negotiate for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12 or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613023400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.