About the Position: Serves as Protocol Officer and advisor to the Commanding General (CG) 19th ESC, Deputy Commanding Officer (DCO) 19th ESC, Chief of Staff (CofS), Secretary of the General Staff, 19th ESC staff principals, and subordinate units on all matters of protocol.Learn more about this agency
- Manages the Command's protocol program, which encompasses program development, planning, and evaluation. Develops, updates, and implements a protocol program effectively supporting 19th ESC.
- Conducts continuous analysis and evaluation of protocol plans and programs from both a technical and operational point of view.
- Develops comprehensive command-wide guidance, direction, policies, and regulations governing the protocol program, including planning and orchestrating all types, levels, and locations of visits/events.
- Provides staff direction and guidance on matters concerning protocol requirements and policies.
- Maintains the 19th ESC library on social usage, protocol, congressional directories, general officer rosters, travel guides, and billeting and restaurant information.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all command level award, promotion, retirement, and assumption of command ceremonies; formal military ceremonies and receptions; and official social functions.
- Independently conceptualizes plans, coordinates, facilitates and executes all protocol requirements and support for VIP and high-ranking US and foreign visitors and guests visiting 19th ESC
- Briefs the senior leadership ensuring any personal requests are coordinated within the particular framework of the event when feasible and proper.
- Designs and produces formal invitations, flyers, and programs. Coordinates graphic and photographic support.
- Organizes social and protocol arrangements for official presentations and events including honors, awards, promotions retirements, and assumption-of-command ceremonies.
- Ensures adequate planning for immediate and long range events (i.e., events to occur 6-12 months out)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612976400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.