Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy has been amended to extend the closing date until September 22, 2021.
This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary and Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) - Texas Regional Office located in Dallas, TX.
The individual selected for this position will…
- Participate in planning, scheduling, and conducting independently or as a team member on a variety of Regional Office (RO) special projects of limited scope and scale and/or specialized portions of larger program projects and studies.
- Develop presentations, reports, briefings, graphs, charts and training materials to enhance the effectiveness of RO communication outreach to the USPTO leadership/management officials, employees, public and the community.
- Work directly with the Regional Office Liaison in the Office of the Under Secretary on a variety of administrative and program analysis/management matters as needed to ensure transparency.
- Consult and coordinate with higher level expert analysts to ensure alignment and consistency in reviewing and interpreting program guidance, evaluating and analyzing program data, assessing outreach communications and operational efficiency, and developing recommendations for cost-effective organizational improvements.
- Applies a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues and/or studies concerning the efficiency, productivity, effectiveness and impact of various RO operations; develop new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve complex issues and problems.
- Conduct or participate in management studies and reviews, particularly those with wide or significant effect upon the RO’s organizational structure, processes, operations, fiscal control and economy and those where the boundaries of the studies may be broad and/or confidential.
- Apply proficiency in the use of enterprise wide tracking systems and data tools, such as SharePoint and the Intranet Quorum (IQ) CRM software program as well as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, and among others, in order to develop, maintain and access automated data used in the planning and analysis functions, ensure outreach programs, talks, and events are accurately recorded and that performance management reports are created and accessible through the reporting features.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612927900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.