About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serve as the IT Specialist, responsible for providing technical support and analytical advice to the Redstone Network Enterprise Center- Central supporting LNEC's and organizations concerning Information Technology (IT) security and Cybersecurity.
- Serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist, responsible, as an individual, or part of a team, for all aspects of cybersecurity compliance matters for the Installation and advise on information systems security (INFOSEC) policy and guidance.
- Coordinate a variety of conventional security issues with the Cybersecurity Compliance Branch Chief, Installation Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and various cybersecurity personnel.
- Implement Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance, reporting, and verification procedures in accordance with Army cybersecurity Program to protect the integrity, confidentiality of network, data and systems.
- Report security policy violations and recommends safeguards for systems, including systems shutdown if warranted due to the seriousness of a security issue/violation.
- Perform risk management, security, and contingency planning for the local Risk Management Framework (RMF) program.
- Conduct internal audit functions related to risk management. Participates as a team member in conducting difficult and complex Cybersecurity reviews, investigations, and studies.
- Analyze overall system configuration and conducts studies to evaluate and determine IT requirements, automation improvements, and/or enhancements.
- Provide advice and assistance to customers, troubleshoots problems, and provides support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612866500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.