Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS & STATISTICSDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Initiates and conducts a wide variety of complex economic studies to evaluate policies affecting tax administration and taxpayer compliance and to define feasible alternatives. This involves analyzing long-range effectiveness associated with the issues and resulting recommendations.
- Advises and assists top-level management on changes to and formulation and implementation of policies. This includes providing senior management with expert analyses of difficult problems for decisions which must be made under condition of significant uncertainty, such as changes in the future economic and demographic environment or technology, or changes in managerial priorities.
- Assesses the economic aspects of existing programs and activities to determine their investment potential and contribution to the achievement of the IRS mission and strategic goals, and serves as a consultant to aid in preparing, executing, revising and monitoring management policies.
- Using information technology, constructs and oversees the implementation of models of alternative proposals to determine the efficacy of proposed policies and procedures.
- Prepares written narrative and/or briefing materials explaining the methodology used and supporting recommendations derived from the analyses. Written material concerning proposals and recommendations may be presented to high-level management and used by the highest levels of IRS management in discussions with Treasury, OMB, GAO, and Congress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612816800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.