This National Guard position is for a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, Position Description Number D0918000 and is part of the OH AASF 2, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Aviation Materiel Management section of an Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF). The position is responsible to operate a tool and parts room, used in a trades operation; determining, identifying and selecting for issue items described by users in terms of their intended usage.
As a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT, WG-6904-6, you will perform the following duties:
1) Identifies user's tools, parts and equipment requirements and requisitions stock as needed. Watches and reports items that are in short supply because of breakage or are in need of repair. Recommends possible substitute or interchangeable items. Sets up,shifts and maintains storage locations. Determines methods of storage, identification,and stock location considering such factors as temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, space available, and convenience of handling items. Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received,stored, and issued for a particular job.
2) Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records.Compiles reports on adjustments of inventory, stock records, spoilage, damage, location changes, and refusal of shipment.
3) Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks. May make minor repairs to tools and equipment,determine when damaged items are too costly to repair, and reports damaged or worn out equipment to superiors.
4) Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies within funding limitations. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation and that items are on hand in sufficient quantities and at the time required.In addition to established guides and formulas, determines quantities required and timely stock replenishment.
5) Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations.Reviews requisitions for completeness and compliance with regulations and revises quantities ordered based on number on hand. Recommends substitution when supply items are not available.
6) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#:D0918000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612717500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.