This position is located with the Navajo Region Human Resources under the Client Services Division located at the Gallup Indian Medical Center in Gallup, New Mexico. The incumbent provides technical knowledge in the application of the principles, practices and techniques of the compensation program. This position reports to the Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (ER/LR) in Gallup, New Mexico.Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent interprets and applies laws, regulations, policies and practices to provide advice and guidance to management and employees.
- Serves as consultant to management on all compensation matters with independent responsibility for resolving controversial, complex and difficult types of problem compensation cases.
- Advises on implementing pay schedule adjustments, special salary rates, pay limitations, allowances, differentials, hours of duty, work schedule, premium pay, Fair Labor Standards Act overtime pay, grade and pay retention.
- Advises management and employees on work scheduling and hours of work requirements and flexibilities and premium pay entitlements associated with various work scheduling.
- Provides advice to management relative to compliance with the law, achieve correct compensation results, avoid unnecessary costs, and foster an understanding of statutory compensation entitlements and regulations.
- Processes routine and complex pay and/or leave actions and corrections in automated Human Resources processing systems.
- Incumbent will provide technical guidance and reviews the work of the Civilian Payroll Technician.
- Reviews all payroll audits and provides technical guidance to Service Unit timekeepers.
- Provides training/orientation to Service Unit staff, Human Resources staff and management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612700000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.