Relocation Incentives may be authorized for a highly qualified applicant.Learn more about this agency
PCS (aka Relocation Allowance) is authorized.
This position is located in Human Resources Management Service at VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS) - H. John Heinz III Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) 4 Human Resources Officer has delegated appointing authority and responsibility to manage and direct the human resources program for a large and complex VISN, which includes and supports geographically separated Medical Centers/Healthcare Systems and outpatient sites of care. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Human Resources Program Management
- Serve as an advisor and consultant to VISN 4 top management at facilities and executives in the VISN office
- Advocate and influence the acceptance and administration of sound human resources (HR) management concepts, practices, and personnel innovations in day-today operations and act as a consultant and partner with management
- Provide advice, consultative service, and guidance to all supervisory levels throughout the VISN on human resources management principles, techniques, acceptable personnel practices, as well as statutory, regulatory, and procedural requirements from agencies/organizations
- Develop information and prepare special or recurring reports and studies related to the total human resources program or specific HR areas for the HRO and executive management
- Review draft regulations, standards, or other guidance for their impact on VISN 4's regional HR program
- Identify long and short-range needs, formulate proposals for top management consideration, and plan and initiate improvement actions for VISN-wide implementation and quality attainment
- Monitor HR Admin SAIL/Network Director performance plan metrics to ensure any issues are identified and fully addressed and report on findings and the procedures established or improved in response to them
- Serve as key resource on issues such as realignments and reorganizations and support HR information systems
- Evaluate budget and forecasts FTEE to carry out HR responsibilities VISN-wide
- Serve as the Acting VISN HRO during the VISN HRO's absences
- Exercise independent judgment to administratively and technically direct and mentor the work of virtual and non-virtual subordinate direct reports
- Set and ensure implementation of HR functional area's team goals
- Schedule HR group and individual trainings or face-to-face workshops; coordinate funding approval and prepare agendas and presentations as needed
- Counsel employees on behavior and initiates disciplinary actions if required and take corrective action to resolve escalated staff performance problems
- Work with the Chief to maintain a continuous review of the organizational structure and personnel ceilings of the HR services under supervision
- Recruitment and Placement (R&P): Responsible for a responsive, consultative, and focused R&P program that ensures VISN-wide supervisors receive expert technical guidance and service
- Employee/Labor Relations: Responsible for program oversight and responsibility for staff assignments that require analyzing and evaluating controversial and complex projects or cases
- Classification Support: Accountable for the impact of specific classification actions and findings into specific corrective actions
- Compensation: Responsible for the HR organization's administration of innovative HR compensation, pay, and salary options of a complex, technologically oriented healthcare facilities with diverse work forces
- Worklife Benefits & OWCP: Responsible for program oversight and HR staff's interpretation of directives and regulations for many different and unrelated programs, processes, and methods
Telework: Available (Negotiable up to 80%)
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Officer/PDS0010-A
Relocation Incentives: Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Authorized
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612532700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.