This position is part of the U. S. Trade and Development Agency. The incumbent serves as a senior staff person in the USTDA's Office of Public Affairs with responsibility for developing strategic communications plans highlighting Agency programs, milestones, deliverables, and for identifying new and innovative ways to provide important information on Agency objectives and initiatives to the public and key national and international stakeholders.Learn more about this agency
- Develops strategic communications plans that provide important information on Agency programs and objectives to key national and international stakeholders.
- Directs public affairs programs integrating social and digital media, written communications, multimedia and other visual information, stakeholder relations, communications planning, media relations, contingency/crisis response, etc.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of short-term and long-range strategies, program objectives, procedures, budget requirements, work priorities, and scheduling for the public affairs program.
- Provides authoritative advice, guidance, and recommendations to senior officials on the formulation of national and international programs and the external interpretation of decisions and strategies.
- Develops and implements proactive media engagement strategies and public relations campaigns, including drafting speeches for Agency officials, informational materials for the press, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, and other materials.
- Represents the Agency and senior officials at external events, conferences, interagency meetings and seminars, reverse trade missions, and in other activities requiring authoritative representation.
- Coordinates and collaborates with U.S. government entities to include the State Department, U.S. Embassies, and the White House to ensure approved and coordinated media responses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612487800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.