This position serves as the Branch Chief and supervisor/researcher assuming the responsibility for technical and administrative direction and oversight of the day-to-day Branch operations. The incumbent draws on knowledge of organizational management and development to align ongoing activities with short- and long-term organizational goals and objectives and participates in project and program evaluations assuring that periodic Branch and Division reviews are accurate and timely.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Research Health Scientist, you will:
- Plan, develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor research and prevention programs in establishing scientific direction and objectives.
- Administer and manage resources, projects, and activities to meet program goals and achieve objectives.
- Manage operations of the Branch, to include budget, core services, personnel appointment, promotion, career development or reassignment and their attendant linkages to the scientific mission of the division.
- Advise senior level management on critical occupational health/exposure and disease issues. Communicate with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Communicate program efforts to internal and external customers. Present at professional seminars, conferences and workshops.
Occasional travel - Up to 3% domestic travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612476100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.