This position is located in the Office of Analysis & Evaluation (OAE), within the Office of Volunteer Recruitment and Selection (VRS) at Peace Corps headquarters, Washington D.C. and reports to the VRS Chief of Operations (ChOps). The primary function of this position includes providing management oversight to OAE operations and supervising VRS’ analysis and evaluation team and their work efforts.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Program Analyst (Director of Analysis and Evaluation) performs the following major duties:
- Analysis and Evaluation - Advises on the use of data as a basis for making strategic, tactical, and operational recommendations to VRS and its subordinate offices. Serves as the agency’s Database of Volunteer Experience (DOVE) data subject expert related to VRS operations and performance, Volunteer Delivery System (VDS) processes, data collection, reporting, analysis and dissemination, and methodologies. Makes strategic goal performance recommendations to VRS and other agency offices based on data analysis. Initiates and provides support to identify and implement organizational improvements.
- Applicant Experience and VDS Processes - Works closely with VRS operational units and the DOVE and VDS teams providing DOVE data analysis and expert opinion to constantly revise and improve the overall applicant experience and volunteer delivery system processes.
- Supervisory Responsibilities - Conducts work review, monitors accomplishment, ensures quality, and provides timely feedback. Serves as hiring official for office vacancies, recommends staff for promotion and awards, initiates disciplinary procedures as necessary, assesses employee performance and implements corrective measures as necessary. Ensures staff is receiving the training necessary to perform their respective positions.
- Technical Training - Provides technical training to make operational information more accessible and usable by VRS staff members in relation their assigned job duties and/or professional development.
- Operational Reporting - Ensures that staff maintains a customer-service approach and that their work offers agency users readily accessible, accurate, and concise information relating to the effectiveness of strategic planning and operational areas including communications, recruitment, assessment, interview, legal screening, placement/assignment, and candidate retention activities as it relates to DOVE systems. Creates and maintains standardized tools such as graphs, maps, diagrams, and tables to illustrate relevant patterns and trends, and to identify potential problems and operational issues that may require intervention and or correction.
Occasional travel - This opportunity may require travel on an ad hoc basis. Travel may be warranted for training or other work-related duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612445100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.