THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2003000 and is part of the IL JS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (TITLE 32), GS-0201-12, you will serve as a personnel advisor to the MILPO and supervise and advise one or more of the following branches: Education, Automation, Retirement, Boards, Enlisted, Officer, Health Services, Plans and Mobilization Readiness.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Oversees the development and administration of multiple military programs in order to maintain or increase overall personnel readiness.
- In the absence of the deputy MILPO, may have the overall responsibility for military personnel management's major duties and responsibilities.
- Implement personnel management, establish policy and guidelines in accordance with US law, regulations, and directives.
- Primary advisor to all levels of management that apply to all military personnel management.
- Plan, operate and administer the operation of the military personnel automation systems.
- Oversee management of the line of duty, incapacitation pay, warrior transition unit, active duty medical extension, medical retention processing 2, and medical boards.
- Oversee the management of soldier readiness processing, soldier readiness check, mobilization deployment, readiness exercise, liaising with mobilization and demobilization stations, and corresponding training support battalions, army regional command, and the respective mobilization brigade.
- Establish the program, develop methods to achieve objectives, analyze the needs of the service members for educational programs, oversee the implementation and operations of the incentives program, and serves as the State test control officer.
- Require knowledge of a variety of human resources management functions in order to coordinate actions for this program.
- Implement DoD and NGB policy regulations in support of service members.
- Advise service members on retirement benefits, eligibility, and survivor benefits.
- Supervise full-time permanent employees.
- Train employee(s) in assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Provide work assignments for the employees, consider employees capabilities, establish performance standards, evaluate work performance, advise and counsel employees, interviews candidates for positions, and approve selection.
- Establish priorities, ensure technical quality of work products, initiate personnel actions, approve leave, resolve employee complaints, and exercise disciplinary control.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612309500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.