Collectively, the Office of Management and Administration is responsible for full range of PSA's planning and evaluation, policy development and implementation, information technology, human capital management, and financial management systems and services.Learn more about this agency
Selectee will be required to file an Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) within 30 days of appointment and annually thereafter.
As the Assistant Director for Management and Administration, you will:
1. Serve as deputy to the PSA Director and be delegated authority to act in the absence of the Director by making final agency decisions related to the operations of the Agency.
2. Manage and direct PSA business management programs which includes designing and implementing policies, programs and initiatives that support PSA's strategic goals and management objectives. Provide advice on all phases of administrative program operations to the PSA Director. Manage programs that include the Offices of Information Technology, Human Capital Management, Finance and Administration, and Planning, Policy and Analysis.
3. Serve as the principal advisor to the Director on administrative management matters, providing advice on highly complex or controversial program issues. Provide alternatives and strategies to address problems, assessing potential impact on current or future operations. Identify and recommend improvements to enhance service to the courts and other stakeholders.
4. Manage PSA financial and human capital resources. Recommend program changes and resource allocations based on analysis of competing demands and available resources. Anticipate shifts in PSA's program priorities and recommend responses that are effective without compromising current programs. Seek opportunities for cost efficiency and maximum return on investment of resources.
5. Provide executive leadership of PSA's programs and processes in budget formulation, justification and execution, accounting, and procurement and development and issuance of related policies and procedures. Direct the review and analysis of new or revised legislation, and Federal policy to determine the impact on PSA financial management programs. Advise the Director on strategies to acquire and manage resources to ensure full support of and integration with mission-critical programs.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of programs in human capital management, ensuring compliance with law, regulation and policy, optimum service delivery to the work force, full integration of human capital into PSA strategic planning processes, and maximum use of human capital resources that continually support PSA's public safety mission.
7. Lead the design and evaluation of PSA information technology programs; recommend action on information technology investments. Responsible for the application of state-of-the-art technology in the design and maintenance of integrated systems that meet external and internal requirements, assure protection of confidential data, and facilitate adequate and timely interface between PSA systems and those of external agencies such as the courts, law enforcement or others with missions related to that of PSA.
8. Exercise executive level responsibility for long- and short-range program planning and evaluation functions for PSA. Oversee strategic planning; policy development; agency performance evaluation; data integrity efforts; research and evaluation projects; and ensure that each of these functions are administered in an integrated way that supports mission accomplishment and complies with relevant laws and regulations.
9. Supervise, directly or indirectly, specialists and managers in social science, finance, information technology, human capital management and related disciplines, through the GS-15 level. Establish program and organizational structure. Design and oversee a working environment in which employees are treated fairly and equitably, encouraged to achieve their maximum potential and held accountable for appropriate results. Establish performance objectives and evaluate individual and collective performance and progress toward achievement of goals and objectives. Lead efforts to implement personnel programs in position management, recruitment, training, and equal employment opportunity and awards and recognition for assigned staff.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612251900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.