This position is designed as a SES, General. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level one with a salary range of $172,501.00 to $177,300.00 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.Learn more about this agency
- Develops and recommends NRCS technological policies, guidelines, conservation practices and procedures in the ecological sciences for conservation planning and program implementation.
- Ensures national technical policy liaison for the NRCS leadership with other agencies, groups, and organizations in areas of ecological sciences related to legislation, policy, and activities.
- Provides leadership for identifying research needs, transmitting research needs to research agencies, and assuring transfer of research findings related to division responsibilities.
- Collaborates with the deputy chiefs, regional conservationists, other NRCS specialists and other agencies and organizations to integrate and coordinate ecological and environmental related concerns into all NRCS programs and activities.
- Provides national technical and policy leadership and guidance for ecological sciences training, employee development and nationwide ecological sciences job approval authority certification.
- Represents the NRCS Chief and USDA on federal and partnership task forces, committees and meetings, as appropriate.
- Manages contracts and agreements to further conservation science, application and partnerships related to ecological science topics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612245200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.