THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/CUSTSPT) (T32), Position Description Number D2174P01 and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 187TH CMN, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CPT C. THOMAS
1. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of incumbents. Evaluates work performance of subordinates. (25%)
2. Provides technical expertise and management oversight, in the installation, administration, optimization, and operation of multiple large and enhanced complex networks and communication systems. Maintains required information assurance certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996, in order to ensure the rigorous application of information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all information technology services. Independently oversees installation, configuration, testing, migration, integration, and operation within the network operating environment, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources and minimal service disruptions, and advises customer support specialists, by providing post-implementation support to end-users. (25%)
3. Develops and recommends technical solutions to mission and customer requirements. Defines broad objectives as to scope and priorities of projects and requirements in the section and guides subordinates in the achievement of those objectives. Determines time frames and schedules section personnel assignments to meet objectives. (20%)
4. Manages Commissioning and Acceptance requirements for contractor delivered operating systems and services. Ensures quality control process is utilized for new and existing contracts. Ensures a review of technical specifications and requirements is accomplished for procurement requests submitted to the contracting office. (20%)
5. Adheres to management control plan requirements by conducting self inspection and staff assistance visits. Resolves identified discrepancies. (10%)
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612200700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.