This position, for the Director of the Division of Clinical Development at the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), is located under the Assistant Secretary For Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the Department of Health And Human Services, in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
- Supports the PHEMCE program as subject matter expert in medical countermeasures requirements addressing chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear threats (CBRN) and pandemic influenza and emerging infectious disease threats.
- Serves as liaison on medical countermeasures studies and human subject policies and guidance, and on activities with contractors and HHS agencies, especially FDA, CDC, and NIH.
- Ensures that the design of vaccine, drug, biologic and device studies are scientifically valid and that their conduct is ethical and in accord with accepted principles of good medical/public health practices.
- Establishes and maintains BARDA's clinical network resource to advance MCM research; establishes policies and procedures providing BARDA Programs access these resources.
- Reviews contract proposals and related documents for medical countermeasures studies that evaluate medical countermeasures requirements addressing chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear threats and pandemic influenza and emerging infectious disease threats.
- Develops and writes clear protocol reviews, expert opinions, and explanations to support BARDA policies as they pertain to products under contract.
- Exercises critical, top level leadership to develop communications networks, formulate program plans, direct, execute plans, and evaluate program success.
- Provides technical consultation support on medical/public health aspects of projects and contracts emphasizing seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine and antiviral drug development directed toward U.S. licensure or Emergency Use Authorization.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and guidance, both technical and administrative to Division employees.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612161600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.