This position is located in Department of the Chief Operations Officer (COO), Office of Human Capital. The Human Capital Specialist (ER/LR) serves as an advisor, providing consultative advice and guidance to supervisors, managers, and employees on disciplinary and adverse actions, performance management, work life programs and labor relationsLearn more about this agency
- Provides advice on the application and provisions of Federal employee and labor relations statutes, regulations, and case law in an operations environment.
- Serves as expert writer in the preparation of disciplinary, adverse, and performance based actions, including cases that are of a significantly complex and/or unprecedented nature.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee or labor relations policy/guidance, initiatives, or strategies.
- Recommends and implements improvements to employee relations operations or programs.
- Leads the Performance Management Program and achieves proficiency in performance management appraisal system to provide one on one consultations to supervisors and employees to address performance management issues.
- Provides interpretation of policy in the areas of leave, attendance, hours of duty, grievances, performance management, workforce effectiveness and other employee relations matters.
- Provides coaching to supervisors, managers, department heads to address performance management deficiencies and/or areas that are impacting the organization
- Advises supervisors, managers and employees on resolving workplace disputes using alternative dispute resolution and grievance processes.
- Designs and delivers formal and informal training and learning resources on employee and labor relations topics for a variety of audiences.
- Conducts both broad and in-depth research on employee and labor relations issues and incorporates research results to form recommendations for action.
- Keeps Workforce Relations Director apprised of barriers, issues, challenges, or successes that affect workforce relations programs.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers related to all phases of the performance management process to include performance-based actions.
- Advise on disciplinary based actions, the type of offense, past practices of the organization, the potential implications/ramifications of the proposed action, unforeseen issues pertinent to the pending disciplinary case, and alternative options.
- Translate broadly defined requirements into HR system specifications
- Provide expertise on system operations, personnel applications and programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611853400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.