The Human Resources Specialist position is within the Department Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), Human Resources Centers (HRC) of Human Capital Services (HCS). The incumbent will be responsible for performing job analysis, creating Federal job announcements, reviewing applications for eligibility and qualifications, coordinating job offers, pre-employment and onboarding as well as processing a variety of requests for personnel actions.Learn more about this agency
- Identifies recruitment sources and advises management on appropriate recruitment and staffing methods.
- Provides recruitment and placement services for assigned organizational stations or offices.
- Advises and assists Regional Offices in the development of procedures and instructions for promotion panels on rating and ranking promotion eligible candidates.
- Assists in development of job analyses and crediting plans, posts job announcements, and determines applicant eligibility and qualifications.
- Makes pay setting determinations for general and unusual situations such as superior qualifications, highest previous rate, and movement between pay systems.
- Processes a variety of requests for personnel actions to fill positions via career promotions, reassignments, or other placement actions.
- Ensures that the personnel actions are appropriately input into automated programs as necessary.
- Extends job offers, establishes reporting dates, and coordinates with all responsible personnel to ensure pre-employment requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Prepares written correspondence and other documents.
- Writes a variety of documents to include responses to Congressional Inquiries, reports of special studies, drafts for briefings, letters responding to inquiries from employees and other customers, and supplements to regulations and directives.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and producing accurate data to support recruitment and placement efforts.
- Researches regulations, laws, HRMLS, etc. to produce researched accurate and timely responses in staffing inquires and reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611774000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.