Incumbent is assigned under the general supervision of the Peri-Operative Nurse Manager, or designee and will be a crucial and active member of the Surgical Team department including PACU and Specialty Clinic.
This position is located in Patient Care Center in Cheyenne, WY.
- Occasional Travel may be required.
*****Closing date of this announcement has been extend to September 24, 2021**** Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm to include: Nights, Weekends and rotating Holidays.
- Knowledge of aseptic/infection control techniques in a sterile core environment to ensure roper cleaning techniques in critical care areas to exceed minimum standards set for those areas.
- Requires the knowledge and skills to maintain and operate a variety of housekeeping equipment such as high speed floor polishers and motorized floor scrubbers and various types of carpet extraction machines and cleaners.
- Familiar with general types of floor buffers and wet/dry vacuums.
- Incumbent must practice and set an example of following all safety regulations and practices.
- Must be familiar with all cleaning agents utilized in cleaning processes to obtain maximum effectiveness of products and must be capable of readily conforming to newly accepted methods, procedures or techniques.
- Knowledge of different types of chemicals and must be able to interpret the Safety Data Sheets.
- Safely handle chemicals and store them in an appropriate manner.
- Basic computer skills to request work orders, request leave and to receive work requests and communications from various department within the facility.
- Requires good communication and customer service skills.
- Works with no or limited supervision, self-motivated and task oriented.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid / 10936A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611724600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.