The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making.
The position is located in the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, National Longitudinal Surveys.
Final pay rate and duty location will be determined based on location of selectee(s).
This position is inside the Bargaining Unit.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiates and conducts analysis on employment information and data collected in various statistical surveys and/or for publications from OEUS. Assignments may include the review and analysis of data, conceptualization of the problem, application of new techniques or methods of attack, and development of sound recommendations.
- The incumbent may lead or independently conduct statistical tests of hypotheses formulated by Research Economists, and/or serve as team leader for special one-time or recurring projects or studies. Provides guidance and direction to team members, including assigning and reviewing work products.
- Prepares written products in final which may include: Departmental or Bureau of Labor Statistics press releases; pre-scheduled releases on labor force developments; technical reports; bulletins; analytical articles for other governmental and non-governmental publications; and responses for Congressional committees and the President's Council of Economic Advisors.
- Acts as project manager for special studies related to employment, unemployment, hours and earnings. Tasks may involve development of special questions to be added to surveys; detailed analysis of a particular labor force development; analysis of labor market problems; performing duties in support of the development of economic projections, etc.
- Independently provides advice and interpretation to data users as requested, which may require extensive research and knowledge of a wide range of OEUS programs. May be requested to give formal or informal presentations on area(s) of expertise at meetings, conventions, etc.
- Independently reviews documents for technical adequacy as requested. Documents may originate from OEUS, other offices in the Bureau, Department or the private sector.
13 - Grade 13 - This position is at the full performance level, GS-13.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611713100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.