You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
How You will be Evaluated:
“This is a Direct-Hire Public Notice. Applications will be accepted for the location identified in the public notice. Veteran’s preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants DO NOT apply to positions filled under this public notice. All complete applications (transcripts must be included) will be verified for eligibility requirements and will be submitted to the hiring official upon request.
Upon the submission of your application package to USAJobs.gov, you will receive an automatic reply from OPM informing you that your application has been submitted, received and is being processed. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging the receipt of your application. Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. You will not receive any additional notifications, and your resume may not be reviewed for qualifications unless a position is requested to be filled by the hiring official. After you submit your application, you will be contacted only if further evaluation or interviews are required or upon your selection.”
If requested by Management, your application will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
1. Knowledge of information security policies and understanding of information security principles, practices, techniques, and methods.
2. Knowledge of government IT security related guidance such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53, 800-61, and 800-137.
3. Skill to make clear and concise oral and written presentations to all levels of management.
4. Knowledge of and skill performing incident response operations and incident handling in large organizations and/or government agencies.
5. Performs the role of Lead Incident Response Coordinator for all cybersecurity incidents requiring focused response, containment, investigation, and remediation.
6. Develops and documents processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations.
7. Knowledge in applying project management principles, methods, and practices including, leading a team, planning and scheduling, resource requirement estimating, milestones and defining deliverables, monitoring activity, and providing accomplishment evaluations and reports to lead a diverse Incident Response (IR) team.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs. To preview questions please click here.