About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serves as a technical authority in engineering and environmental sciences on the staff of an organization responsible for the investigation of incidents and processing and settlement of claims against and in favor of the United States Government within a geographic area of two major military commands (HQ US Army Europe and Africa and HQ US Air Force Europe).
This is an Interdisciplinary General Engineer/Physical Scientist/Environmental Protection Specialist position.
- Recommend prioritization of environmental restoration project technologies at claims sites in view of cost effectiveness and host nation requirements.
- Independently plan and conduct a range of complex and difficult physical and technical reviews of environmental claims.
- Provide budget estimates for sites within the Claims Liability, Assessment, Investigation, and Mitigation Surveys (C.L.A.I.M.S.) program.
- Review technical studies and surveys conducted at local military installations for potential claims issues.
- Interact with national, state, and local officials to maintain good working relationships.
- Evaluate maneuver damage claims from USAREUR exercises.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611464500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.