THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (T32), Position Description Number D1297000 and is part of the AL SMO, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: LTC E. HEARN
(1) Plans overall allocation of personnel and resources for the organization. Ensures accomplishment of work operations which because of their scope, volume, and complexity are planned on a year or longer basis. Analyzes work plans developed by subordinate supervisors for accomplishment of assigned work orders, projects, and the status of work accomplished. This is in relation to overall schedule requirements, including unanticipated or emergency requirements. Provides higher-level managers and/or supervisors information regarding status of work projects, budget estimates, changes in equipment, facilities, techniques, etc. Participates fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations to study and develop recommendations concerning changes in specification requirements, work techniques and standards; revisions of organizational structures, responsibilities, and relationships; and improvement or modernization of equipment, facility layout, and work flow. Participates in planning conferences and meetings.
(2) Explains work requirements to subordinate supervisors, sets deadlines and sequence of operations. Coordinates and directs the work of units supervised. Balances work load for subordinate work groups. Analyzes production, cost and personnel utilization records, and makes adjustment in operations to correct problems. Develops quality and quantity standards. Spot checks work operations to assure production and quality standards are met. Encourages employees to achieve goals.
(3) Recommends promotion or reassignment of subordinate supervisors and reviews personnel actions prepared by supervisors. Makes formal appraisal of supervisors' work performance and reviews employee appraisals submitted by them. Determines long-range training needs for all levels of subordinates, submits funding and budget requests with justification for approval, and arranges for the accomplishment of training. Promotes and administers such programs as cost reduction, incentive awards, suggestions, and quality assurance. Ensures regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Assures subordinate supervisors carry out such programs as labor-management and equal opportunity. Schedules and approves leave. Ensures position descriptions are accurate and position management principles are followed. Develops and establishes the internal procedures to be followed by subordinate supervisors and to and to assure effective control and direction of the work activities, organizations, and personnel supervised. Assures appropriate production reports and administrative records are maintained. Acts on personnel problems referred by subordinate supervisors. Hears and resolves grievances and ensures proper corrective action is taken.
(4) Develops, publishes, and ensures employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised. Implements and complies with agency, state, and Federal regulatory Occupational Safety and Health, and environmental requirements. Ensures use of quality conformant products through compliance with established materials shelf life programs. Ensures all aspects of Force Protection to include physical security, facility and vehicle key control, property accountability, access control and employee protection in accordance with established policies and regulations. Implements procedures to account for real property, installation property, MTO&E (Modified Tables of Organization and Equipment) property, TDA (Tables of Distribution and Allowances) property, and installed equipment located at or assigned to the facility in accordance with state and Federal regulations and policies. Ensures subordinates are trained, qualified, and equipped with proper protective equipment, environmental mediation equipment and materials. Ensures employees wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(5) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611439000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.