THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard (ARNG).
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Serves as an advisor to commanders on assigned unit human resources (HR) program. Interprets policy and provides procedural guidance to commanders, supervisors, staff members and individual military members. Provides training to supervisors and guidance and assistance to military members on program for which assigned. Participates in Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) and unit mobilizations and de-mobilizations. Reviews, evaluates, and interprets regulatory guidance, policies, and procedures applicable to military personnel programs and provides guidance to all users. Drafts and implements State policy based on the aforementioned policies. Publishes guidance to enhance and simplify completion and submission of personnel actions.
(2) Responsible for and oversees the direction of the EPM/OPM or Incentives program and functions as the technical expert. Determines the methods and procedures for conducting military career guidance and counseling to ensure officer or enlisted personnel have an optimal and established career pattern. Provides direction, information, and/or counseling to MILPO staff and commanders of Major Army Command (MACOMM) through unit commanders, supervisors, as well as individual military members as required. Provides information and ensures regulatory compliance regarding area of responsibility which may include, but is not limited to: accessions, appointments, assignments, reassignments, transfers, promotions, Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP), discharges, separations, retirements, Officer Evaluation Reports (OER) Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports (NCOER), awarding of Area of Concentration (AOC), Functional Areas (FA), Additional Skill Identifiers (ASI), Special Qualification Identifiers (SQI), Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) identifiers (primary or secondary), Stop Loss programs, and National Guard Bureau (NGB) waivers, casualty assistance, and requests for retention beyond mandatory removal date. Reviews and determines eligibility upon accepting military technicians (dual status) or AGR positions.
(3) Responsible for and oversees the direction of SIDPERS and internal/external interfaces, and functions as the technical expert. Responsible for and ensures the timely and accurate processing of submitted military personnel actions. Manages a control log to maintain document control and an audit trail of all transactions received and dispersed in SIDPERS. Notifies units and higher echelons of rejected or incomplete transaction/documentation, necessary steps or processes required to resolve the problem, and maintains a database for tracking and suspension of submissions for identification of trends and problems. Identifies problem areas in the types of submissions (based on rejects/incomplete documentation), the locations where training is needed, and creates and provides training material.
(4) Responsible for and oversees the direction of the Personnel Services Section and functions as the technical expert. Oversees the performance of document handling, records maintenance, and the Integrated Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS). Directs staff in performance of periodic record reviews and inventories to ensure total record accountability. Establishes access control lists to restrict unauthorized personnel from gaining access to personnel files other than their own or for those they are responsible for. Selects staff members to accompany files on an as needed basis i.e., review boards, SRP's, mobilizations/de-mobilizations, etc. Ensures staff members provide military members with information regarding their benefit selections (i.e. life insurance and designation of beneficiary), identify documentation required to update Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), understand requirements to issue identification cards, etc. Provides oversight on the processing of records for separation/discharge to include: proper identification and crediting of MOS, awards, training, dates of service, type of discharge, computation of total creditable service, etc.
(5) Accomplishes and oversees the technical support work in the program area assigned with the assistance of subordinate employees which may be Active Guard Reserve (AGR), full time Technician, or civilian. Performs limited supervisory duties which include assignment and review of work on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis; assure that production and accuracy requirements are met; approval of leave; effect minor disciplinary actions i.e., warnings or reprimands; identify training needs; and recommend performance standards and ratings.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611426600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.