This is a Title 5 Excepted Service PositionLearn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a Contract Specialist, Position Description Number T5204000, T5203000, and T5202000 and is part of the NJ USPFO, National Guard.
As a Contract Specialist, GS-1102-9/11/12, you will:
- Review requisition packages for adequacy and completeness of description, consistency, and compliance.
- Draft final contracts, including specifications and all other special and standard clauses for signature.
- Develop procurement plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and specifications or technical data packages
- Evaluate prospective contract prices utilizing basic price analysis techniques to analyze common contracts by research and review of available historical and precedent data, manufacturer's catalogs, current labor rates, and standard industrial cost and price data.
- Provide business advice and assistance to technical personnel involved in the development of the performance work statement/statement of work or data requirements
- Conduct pre-proposal/pre-bid conferences and modifies requirements as necessary
- Prepare final contracts to include appropriate standard clauses and special provisions, final pricing and payment terms, and incentives
- Monitor and evaluate contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and ensures timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics.
- Serve as project leader responsible for developing, assigning, and coordinating duties and projects for systems administrators.
- Develop, modify, and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for all systems
- Administrator of all systems including ensuring the efficient integration between systems as well as compatibility with local area network.
- Plan and schedules the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Perform security management in accordance with NGB regulations and state policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/611355800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.