This position is located at Naval Air Facility Atsugi, Japan and supports installation Information Technology (IT) systems and projects at Commander, Navy Region Japan. The primary purpose of this position is to receive helpdesk tickets, calls, emails and provide first line help desk support to users of various computers, operating systems, databases and software necessary to support program requirements of N9 Fleet & Family Readiness Programs.Learn more about this agency
- Provides timely help desk support by responding to end user questions and problems via online helpdesk, phone, e-mail and in person.
- Initiates and enters work order entries accurately and completely as a Tier 1 responder.
- Determines source of computer problems (e.g., hardware, software, user error), assigns priority, then resolves or refers to the appropriate specialist or technician for resolution. Translates technical terms into non-technical language for users so they can better understand the issue and the solutions.
- Troubleshoots routine or minor software and hardware problems.
- Assists end-users with software features, applications, functionality and escalates more complex problems to the appropriate specialist or technician.
- Serves as designated IT representative for ONE-NET for N9 programs. Manages and routes ONENET requests (e.g., System Authorization Access Request-Navy (SAAR-N), Requests for Change (RFC), Information Assurance Training).
- Identifies help requests that are attributable to other support agencies and refers user to the appropriate helpdesk or support department (e.g., ONE-NET, Systems Applications and Products (SAP), KRONOS).
- Processes employee check-out notifications and ensures program accounts are terminated or transferred upon separation from N9.
- Tracks Accounting and Information Management System (AIMS) Network and ONE-NET user account status, documentation and required trainings. Manages AIMS and MIS/POS system user accounts.
- Assists specialists with the management and patching of Unofficial Quality of Life and Business computers.
- Assists specialists with the development, testing and deployment of new software packages and images. Assists specialist with regional and local projects, refreshes and system upgrades. Assists with maintaining IT asset inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A complete list of duties and responsibilities will be provided at the time of hire.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel of less than 20% may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610826500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.