Responsible for the day-to-day accomplishment of assigned audit tasks required in evaluating information systems activities of the U.S. House of Representatives (House). All work is performed in compliance with the Office of Inspector General (OIG) Policies and Procedures Manual and appropriate professional standards. All duties are to be performed in the highest ethical manner, while exhibiting the OIG Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, and Innovation.Learn more about this agency
- Plan and perform audit objectives for information systems audits of general and application controls, data integrity, system development lifecycle, acquisitions, and information resources management.
- Configure and run audit tools, such as scanning software and operating system scripts to test systems for vulnerabilities; analyze the data produced; and translate that data into validated audit issues.
- Perform assigned audit tasks including, collecting and analyzing relevant documents/data and performing complex analysis to identify potential audit issues, causes, and solutions.
- Assess the risk and significance to House systems/operations of issues identified from assigned audit objectives.
- Conduct meetings, interviews, and briefings.
- Produce work products to include audit work papers and briefing documents.
- Brief team lead and supervisors on work performed, audit issues identified, and any unexpected delays or problems.
- Identify potential audit areas for the IS Division as part of the annual audit planning process and write corresponding fact sheets.
- Contribute to improving the IS Division and the OIG office through efforts such as identifying and implementing new or improved processes, techniques, and tools as well as sharing knowledge and providing assistance.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel is rare; generally only in conjunction with attending out-of-town training or conferences.
11 - HS-11 (House Pay Scale)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610773500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.